Hi again everyone. Been a while, huh? With the new anime season just around the corner though, you can expect new posts again pretty shortly. In the meantime, this is a much-needed update about life, my blog, and where I intend to take things from here.
Part of the reason it’s taken me so long to update since my previous post is because I was stuck between countries. By the time you read this, I’ll be in the process of moving overseas for the fourth time in my life, and settling in to a new home and new lifestyle. It’s also worth pointing out that I’ve recently been doing a lot more writing, editing and proofreading on a professional basis – and when I’ve been sitting in front of a screen for more or less the whole day Doing Words, the last thing I usually feel like doing when I finish work is writing more words on a screen, albeit on a much more casual basis.
To cut a long story very short, I just don’t see myself being able to keep up my one-post-every-two-weeks blog schedule, even now that I’ve had an extended break. It’s too tiring, too stressful, and frankly just isn’t what floats my boat anymore. I still love anime and Japan and I still want to write about these things, but I simply don’t have the time or energy to do so regularly. To be clear, I’m not deleting this blog or quitting blogging or anything like that. I’ll just be posting whenever I want to post, instead of inflicting a self-imposed schedule on myself out of a sense of obligation.
So what does this actually mean for Otaku Lounge? Pretty simple, actually.
What I’ll still be doing:
– Anime Taste Testing posts at the start of each new anime season
– End-of-anime-year award posts
– End-of-calendar-year Japanese music posts
– Anything I may feel like in between those times, at a relaxed and unscheduled pace
– Reading and responding to comments every day
– Reading my blog feed every day
– Chiming in from time to time over at The Glorio Blog
What I won’t be doing:
– Frequent deep-dive or academic-ish articles about anime or Japan
– Sticking to any other particular posting schedule
So yeah, that’s about it. I hope everyone will be sticking around, and I’ll catch you in about a week for the start of the fall anime season.